Senior Project ManagerSalary: £55,000 - £65,000 per Year
Important: Digital Products, Technical Web Builds, Mobile Apps, AI
Senior Project Manager
We provide an end-to-end service to our clients including: UX strategy; research; service blueprinting; facilitating requirements workshops and interviews; UX/UI design and prototyping; mobile, web and full-stack development, QA, release management; support & maintenance and analytics analysis and reporting.
Common examples of the work we undertake include:
• Strategic consultancy;
• UX services (service blueprinting, UX/UI design, prototype design and development);
• Android and iOS app design, development & ongoing maintenance;
• Back-end and middleware service architecture and development;
• API specification and development;
• Integration with client API layers;
• Alexa voice skill design and development;
• QA services.
We’re currently looking for a client-facing Senior Project Manager to join the Project Management team and work on high-profile, innovative digital products for well-known clients. You will be working alongside an appointed account Manager/Director on large accounts/projects, or alone as direct client contact on smaller accounts/projects.
The right candidate will have at least 7 years’ experience in similar roles, with at least 2 at the same or similar level, and will have worked on large-scale, user-centred digital projects and/or products. A number of our key accounts have long-running projects at their core, so the candidate must be able to demonstrate having managed projects as a very client-facing team member for large accounts or projects. You will likely interface with a client project manager, scrum master and/or product owner, as well as client technical teams (alongside our CTO/Tech Leads).
You’ll be expected to leverage Agile methodologies (we favour Scrum) as much as possible. You will need to bring together and lead cross-capability teams to deliver the best outcomes for our clients. You will also need to be comfortable with waterfall approaches as our clients often require a mixed approach.
The right person will be self-starting, organised and proactive. You’ll need to have great communication skills, both internally and externally with our clients. Our clients rely on Project Managers to be responsive to client needs & communications, manage the project & be able to report to them remotely or in person.
- Scoping, budget and timings management
- Be the ‘owner’ of the project. Working directly with the project team and clients to scope project costs and delivery timings, and co-write Statements of Work.
- Critically, ensuring that we deliver on-time and on budget, that we follow process & flag issues internally and to clients that jeopardise this.
- Product / Project Delivery
- Leading products from definition & kick-off, through to delivery and ongoing support.
- Documenting user stories & acceptance criteria in agreement with the client team(s) and managing these ongoing (JIRA)
- Coordinating collaborative teams, planning and running sprints, retrospectives, daily stand-ups and acting as the voice of the client internally.
- Planning and Change Management
- Lead regular estimating and task planning for the team, planning sprints and helping the client understand issues and impact for effective decision making.
- Manage change control on your projects, ensuring scope change is captured, estimated and enables us to seek incremental budget for the project.
- Strategic Guardian
- Whilst not responsible for strategy, you should take more than a delivery approach to the product. Ensuring that initial strategic thinking and rationale is carried throughout delivery, involving the right strategy team members throughout.
- Client Management
- Managing clients through project delivery, ensuring that clients’ expectations are set and met. You must be comfortable being the face of the agency to some of our clients & being responsive to their communications.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to advance his or her career and be part of an exciting and creative environment that is winning significant new business from some of the best-known companies.
If that sounds like you, get in touch with Samm on email@example.com for more info 🙂