Senior Project ManagerLocation: Central London Agency
Salary: £55,000 - £60,000 per Year
Important: end-to-end B2B web builds, mobile apps, global clients
Role: Senior Project Manager
Reporting to: Head of Project Management
Location: London Office
As a Senior Project Manager, you’ll have exceptional attention to detail, are process driven and able to partner effectively with both clients and internal teams at different levels. You will use your project management expertise and relationship building skills to guide our clients through delivery process on time, on budget and to exceptional quality. As the Senior Project Manager your involvement will traverse the full project lifecycle, from initiation to completion, whilst acting as the focal point behind the client partnership to deliver great solutions. You will possess the ability and experience to plan and deliver both single or multiple stream projects seamlessly to an agreed scope of the project. In additional to the above, you will be tasked with the delivery leadership of at least one strategic account, as the hub between the client, technical and creative teams to defining the best approach for delivering work across the account.
We are an international digital corporate communications and investor relations company, with approximately 2,000 clients and offices in five countries. The companies it serves include more than 70% of the constituents of the FTSE 100 and more than 150 US clients. Founded in 2000, we help clients manage their corporate communications and investor relations through corporate websites, IR webhosting, social media, apps, video production, webcasting and online reporting. What you can expect You will be involved in a fast moving and creative environment. We won't tell you that it will be an easy gig, to be honest things can get pretty hectic at times, but in our business you wouldn't expect anything less at a global leader. You’ll be working alongside a collaborative team of designers, account managers, strategists and remote development teams. What we offer We're a welcoming bunch where ideas are valued above job titles, and where everyone is actively encouraged to develop their careers. We'll help you plan for the future through our pension scheme or plan your journey with a ride to work loan. If you'd like the opportunity to develop your career working with a wide verity of clients, please read on…
Adherence and oversight of projects the and working closely with the Head of Project Management in your team in the following key areas:
- Project delivery processes
- Risk assessment and management
- Quality assurance
- Change management
- Client management
- Project planning
- Project related resource allocation
- Communication of status
Monitoring the quality of project delivery across the following areas:
- Project financial information
- Letters of Engagement (LoE), Statements of Work (SoW), Project Initiation Documentation (PID), Functional Specifications, change requests, cost estimates and project plans (via MS Project).
- Risk assessments and ensuring that appropriate mitigation measures are put in place
- Issues logs produced for each project.
- Project recovery measures for each project
- Facilitation of end-of project reviews to ensure lessons learned are taken into future projects
Monitoring of all project finances (reconciliations):
- Ensuring all weekly and monthly project reconciliations are completed on time
- Ensuring accurate communication of percentage complete of all projects
- Ensuring all investment work/overruns are identified and the investment approval procedure is adhered to.
- Early identification of projects that are in danger of below standard quality, late delivery or budget overrun and working with the project manager to employ successful project recovery strategies.
- Ensuring costs accurately reflect project scope and margin targets are adhered to.
- Ensuring accurate timesheet completion
WORK AND RESOURCE ALLOCATION
Responsibility for accurate work and resource allocation for your projects.
- Ensuring accurate resource projections on a project-by-project basis
- Escalation of project resource issues to Head of Project Management with solution measures for resolution
- Escalation of potential resource issues to Head of Project Management
- Working closely with Head of Project management to ensure that projects are resourced appropriately
- Foster clear and effective communication between the PMs and the respective account teams
- Development of key relationship with Group Account Directors within the Client team
- Participation weekly account team status meeting
- Where necessary taking the lead in project engagements directly with client (alongside account team)
- Recommend and develop inter-team working practices to ensure more efficiency
- Reporting on project status
- Clear and effective client communication of general project status, issues and risks.
- Taking the lead in client communication of project recovery measures
- Communication of project management methods and concepts, both internally and to the client, to improve their respective project management skills and understanding
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
You will be an excellent communicator, confident in sharing your views and opinions with groups of people. You will be expected to mentor individual members of the PM Team and will have excellent process and organisational skills.
- 5+ years’ experience as a digital project manager
- Flawless core project management skills using the waterfall methodology
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work well under pressure
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong negotiation, mediation and facilitation skills
- The ability to create and manage third party relationships at a senior level
- Strong written and oral presentation skills
- Excellent working knowledge of project management tools such as MS Project with the ability to mentor more junior members of the Project Management team
- Monitor the quality of all aspects of all projects: scope, risk, schedule, budget, quality, delivery on time on brief on budget and all associated client communication.
- Work closely with the key stakeholders and manage communications with clients and teams.
- Produce all project life-cycle documentation, including project plans, risk registers, Project Initiation Documents (PID), Functional Specifications and all other project lifecycle documentation defining individual project requirements.
- Execution of new business pitches from a project management perspective to ensure potential work is scoped and priced correctly.
- Effectively encourage communication with other areas ensuring a smooth and productive flow of work
- Ensure consistency in overall PM team communication, methodology, best practices and team management
- Knowledge of digital corporate communications and investor relations space
- Effective management of the creative process including leading and advising the client through the design, copy stages and development
BALANCE OF SKILLS
- Understand process mapping, process engineering and organisational management
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Understanding of the digital corporate communications and investor relations
- Excellent knowledge of cost procedures and reconciliations of annual Scopes of Work.
Business Relationship Management: 10%
- Ability to manage inter-department issue resolution
- Ability to manage and develop cross team relationships
- Ability to manage client issue resolution.
- Process and technologies
- Manage multiple stakeholders
Department/Team Management: 10%
- Ability to mentor team members.
- Ability to delegate tasks according to skill sets.
- Ability to resolve grievances and issues from team members.
Project Management: 55%
- Ability to co-ordinate and direct cross functional project teams as well as to provide project recovery consultation
- Ability to manage new business project management requirements
- Hands-on project management and ownership of complex projects
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work well under pressure
Technical, Creative, User Experience: 5%
-Understand the application of User Experience, creative and technology to business and marketing solutions within the digital channel, excellent analytical skills.
- Good problem solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels within the Agency
- Project management certification
- Experience working with remote build teams
- The ideal candidate will have a real passion for translating a company’s messaging into compelling websites and take a consultative approach to making this happen
- Keen interest in all things digital
Get in touch with Samm on firstname.lastname@example.org for details